Instagram

Please visit my Instagram account jamesee22 to see ALL my cards as I don't always/very often post here, cheers.



May 11, 2011

Centre stage..

Burlesque Bessie
 is the name of this fabulous new image from the NEW PIN-UP girl digital image collection that will be available at Bizzy Becs on the 20th May.
My inspiration for this card came from my daughter who up to only a few years ago and since the age of 4 years old was a dancer. Rhiannon had a  costume very similar to this for a production of a Broadway number she performed in. It looked amazing on stage so I wanted to produce something similar with Burlesque Bessie.
 I merged Bessie 3 times to create the Chorus line.
  I then placed them on Piano BG paper I found on the internet. This was all done thru Adobe Photoshop. 
 I also made a Vellum folded curtain ( this fab idea came from one of the girls I teach Copic's to on Saturday's when she made a shower curtain... Thanks Jill for the inspiration.
 I then used lots of foam tape to add the top curtain and  lots of Red spica pen for that added sparkle to her gloves,costume, hat, and shoes.
I used the warm shades of greys- W1-W7 along with R24, R29, R59 and E37.
I  also gave them all a little shadow of light using YOO, W1 and W00 and Blender.
If you would love to see more of these fabulous"Pin Up"girl images then pop over regulary to Bizzy Becs Blog to see them.
I am also going to enter this in to..
 I-Copic Challenge- Use Reds.
CES Challenge-Favourite Colour Combo
Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge-Black/White plus 1 other colour
Craftyourdaysaway- Music and dance

Thanks For Stopping By and Have Yourself a Great Day,xxxx

16 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! Love this Debra! the stage looks awesome and the Chorus line with the 3 images is a great idea! Love it!!

    btw.. sorry if you get this msg twice - blogger is not playing nice this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Debra, love the image and beautifully embellished.Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FANTASTIC card - love this image, and as my daughter and granddaughters all dance it would be perfect for using on cards for them.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow what fabulous little scene .. i am loving anything burlesque at the moment after seeing the film. I love how you made the curtain
    Thanks ofrjoining us at LCI this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is stunning! Your coloring is amazing and I love how you made the card look like a stage, and all with limited colors. Amazing! Thanks for joining in this week at LCI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. You are so creative and your layouts are tops!!!! Love to visit your site and enjoy the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Debra,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another jaw dropper, Debra. Out of the box beautiful! Love the keyboard they are dancing on. Great great great card

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is AWESOME!!! What an amazing scene you have created.......I LOVE IT!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a gorgeous creation! Love the idea of the curtain! Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, amazing digi and I love all of that sparkle! Thanks for joining in with our Music and Dance challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you created the chorus line!! Amazing coloring on all of them and I adore the sparkly bits you've added! Thanks for joining us in our red challenge this week at icopic : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, D! Your coloring is out of this world good! Thanks so much for playing along at iCopic!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    iCopic DT Leader
    SP and Company Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool image. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this on Bec's store website and popped on over to tell you HOW AMAZING this is - LOVE the theatre you've created and the gals in receding sizes - WOWsers girl!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one smokin-hot card Debra! I love your creativity & imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really appreciate each and every one.Have a good day,xxx